If you think you've found a bug in a K.R. Engineering game, you could earn a bounty by reporting it! Follow these steps to report the bug and you could earn an L$500 gift card good towards anything at K.R. Engineering! All of the criteria below must be met before you are awarded a bounty on your bug.
- The game with the bug must be a Gaming.SL compatible game (have the Gaming.SL logo present on the game itself).
- If you find a bug in something other than a game, you can still report it. For example, if you find a bug in an accessory such as a scorekeeper or a prize server, you can report which game you were using it with when you encountered the bug, as long as the game you are using it with meets the above criteria.
- Verify that the bug exists on the latest version of the game. Click here to find the latest version numbers for all Gaming.SL games.
- Verify that the problem you are reporting is actually a bug. Not everything is a bug! It is at our discretion whether to award a bug bounty or not. There are some pretty common-sense things that will not earn you a bounty.
- If you find a typo in the game documentation, website or the game itself, we would love to hear about it so we can correct it, but a typo is not a bug.
- If the game behaves in a way that you think it should not, it is not necessarily a bug.
- For example, a customer was once very cross with us because Spades progressed counter-clockwise around the table, instead of clockwise. This is not a bug, it is a design decision that you disagree with, and will not earn you a bounty.
- Another example is that for a long time, Greedy Greedy did not allow four-of-a-kind plus two-of-a-kind (e.g. 222244) to count as three pairs when scoring. This was later added as an optional house rule, but it is not a bug, it was an intentional part of the scoring system.
- Sometimes there are bugs that we are not able to fix because they are problems with Second Life as a whole, not with our products. One example of this is that older versions of our games sometimes display ??? in place of player names. This is a problem with Second Life giving our games bad information, not our games working incorrectly. We worked around this by reverting to old style names if we detect Second Life giving us bad information, but this is not a bug with our games.
- Fundamentally, a bug is any feature that does not work as intended, rather than a feature that does not work as desired. You are always welcome to discuss how something works with us and offer suggestions for things like optional house rules, but there is no bounty for suggesting new functionality, only for reporting broken existing functionality. If you're not sure whether something is really a bug or not, feel free to report it anyway, and we'll follow up with you.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or instant message to Karsten Rutledge about the bug. Do not send a notecard.
- Obviously, you must tell us the game that has the bug.
- You must also tell us how you found the bug, and what it does. If we are not able to reproduce the same bug with the same results on a table of the same version, then we can't fix the bug, and you won't get credit for it. You should tell us things like:
- What options were enabled on your table?
- What steps did you take to get the bug to happen (e.g. "I clicked roll, and then clicked the second dice, and then I played Sweet Home Alabama on my banjo for my pet rhesus monkey, and then I clicked roll again...")
- What happened, versus what you expected to happen.
- If it turns out to be a new bug that we were previously unaware of, and we can reproduce it, then we will fix it and you will get a free L$500 gift card!
- All of our games use common core components. For example, the script that connects the game to the Gaming.SL website is identical in all of our games. If a bug is found in this script, for example, then it is considered discovered for all games that share that identical script. You cannot report a bug as new by reporting the same bug for each game it effects, since it is the same bug and has the same effect for all of them.